Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Charming Tale


............................................................................................................
I learned earlier this year that a group of humming birds is called a "charm". I thought the name to be absolutely charming. They can also be called a "hover" or a "troubling".
Bob, my husband recently saw one really, just one hummingbird outside. This is always his cue to fill up a feeder. After about two days, I noticed that upon stepping outside, it sounded like a fleet of mini blue angels were flying around our porch. Literally dozens of them have shown up. It is amazing! One got stuck in a slot in the porch. I fished it out with kitchen tongs. Bob has since added three more feeders in various locations around the house. We are surrounded. I told our son that we had gone past a "charm" to a "troubling" of hummingbirds. He informed me we that he thought it looked more like an infestation. Like all things these little guys will move on, and this too shall pass. I have seriously been enjoying them. I have also noticed a large number of butterflies flying about, a "kaleidoscope" of them. I hope everyone has a charming and colorful week. I know I will. P.S. Photo by Bob

No comments: