I've been having themed weeks and basing my blog that I was writing weekly on that theme. It all started with the letter K, and I have been working through the alphabet backwards. Sounds silly, right? But it is what it is. This week then starts with N.
I have an acquaintance who, willingly meets any unreasonable requests of his exwife. One reason is that she has custody of his only child. The other reason is that he says and believes that things work out better if we will "Just be nice!"
Of course in the south many of us pronounce it as it is spelled in the title.
So, now for this week I am trying to Be Nice! Little nice things can feel good to do. Let someone with one item go first at the checkout. Speak to someone you don't know or just smile. It feels good to smile sometimes when you really want to scream. So for this week I am reminding myself to JUST BE NICE.
1 comment:
Hey Dandelion,
As another nice southern lady, I too try to be Nahss. But as you know, being nahss can also be naughty, as in "Well isn't that Nahss"..lol. We all know what that can mean. Also there are those that take advantage of Nahss ladies. As in "If you don't mind, can you do this/that/or the other for me?" This is usually done by those closest to us, therefore putting too much guilt on Miss Nahss if over used. It can get overwhelming and push Miss Nahss over the edge to the point of Miss Nahss becoming Miss "Witch with a B in her bonnet". So for those out there that want to take advantage of the nahss folks...BEWARE. This can backfire if you do not reciprocate when Miss Nahss asks something of you.
Post a Comment