Monday, February 23, 2009

It is "A" Week

Ameliorate is a word I learned last year. It is a wonderful word that means to impove, make better. Today I had to write about ameliorate late. I intended to have this posted by noon. Unfortunately, my laptop required some amelioration. I was beginning to think that thowing it out the window would ameliorate us both, but alas, I came to my senses and played "the tech person" off and on today. Boy is that scary!

Women often wear so many different hats, and don't they look funny all piled on top of each other. So from estimator to Mom, to the tech person, to the accountant, ad infitum, it has been a busy day. Sometimes I look behind me and see these people following me, and realize that I am the leader. Whoooa! Are you sure? I don't know if I should be doing this without adult supervision, and if I'm it, God help us! I am sure He will. It will be okay. I shall simply endeavor to ameliorate myself, my world, and the people in it that stumble into my path.
Lynn Kane-Wardlow
Purveyor of Amelioration

No comments: