Sunday, February 1, 2009

Dynamic
The name of my business is 'Dynamic Directions'. As we can all see, I have not managed to put my business card on this blog. I asked it to, but we (the computer and I) were apparently not speaking the same language. I will get to it eventually. It's a nice business card.
For "D" week I am having DYNAMIC week. I looked up the definition(s), and found:
Dynamic - a driving or energizing force, vigorous and purposeful, full of energy, enthusiasm, and a sense of purpose, able to both get things going and to get things done-producing or undergoing change and development.

To me the opposite that comes to mind is static, meaning still, intert, motionless, stagnant.

Change it seems is so hard for us as humans, and the older we get or the severity of OCD we have, the more difficult it becomes. It seems as well that in these "middle" age years, the changes seem more intense. Parents age and we become caretakers, children grow up and become their own people with their own ideas and attitudes (quite contrary to our own), we become grandparents. Change is everywhere. So much of it we cannot control.

However, we can control how we handle our changes. We can also control how we chose to change ourselves. We have this time to make our lives count more, and to enrich the lives of others as often as possible, and by doing so, we can be that energizing force that make the world just a little bit better place. Goodness if we were to pass that message along, imagine the changes we might really effect.

Update on Folly: I have had several folks ask me where Folly Otter will live when he comes home. I have the best answer, but I am saving that for "C" week.



No comments: