How in the world can one possibly come up with a theme for X. It is "X" Week nonetheless, so after getting a little help from my banker, (no, really!) on some ideas, I think I have this thing licked. So the theme for the week is Xenodochial. This is someone or something that is friendly to strangers. In the case of software, it would be called "user friendly". A person who is a xenogogue is a guide, or someone who conducts strangers. This would be my current job description as a life coach/business consultant.
Unfortunately, in the past month or so, my family would say that I have been a xanthippe (a word derived from something to do with a wife of Socrates, and apparently she wasn't Miss Mary Sunshine as it means ill-tempered woman). Of course we have another word for it but this is not "B" week, so we'll leave that alone for now. Besides, they are not strangers, now are they? I really have been quite ill-tempered. Perhaps if it were Xanax week, we could all just hang out in Xanadu, and live happily ever after.
In the mean time I will remember it is Xenodochial Week and be kind to strangers. Yes, I will remind myself that I have chosen the path of a xenogogue. But for now, I shall x-it (exit). Here's to having a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment