Last week we learned that my sister-in-law has cancer, and it is pretty bad. A few years ago we learned that her husband, my brother-in-law has luekemia. They have been living with his eminent demise for years now. (Although, I guess we all do.) However, she has been though so much prior to this news, just really difficult life events. They lost a beach house in Hurricane Ike only a few months ago. I am not trying to be a downer, I just want to say, that I have know this woman for 25 plus years and she is amazing. She has to be in the top ten of the strong women I have ever know. My hat is off to her and she has my utmost respect and admiration.
Last night I called the daughter of a "friend" I adopted one rainy night while having drinks on the patio of a local pub. My friend's name was Martha. She had been a realtor, had been married for over 40 years until her husband passed 6 years ago. Her children raised, she still worked at a local real estate office. When she told me where she worked I stopped by a few times and took her little gifts. We had drinks one other time at the same place over a month ago. She was so amazing, at 70 years young, still so social, still working, driving living life to the fullest. Her daughter found her dead in her bed the other morning. Our lives crossed so briefly, but I will never forget that great laugh and her zeal for life.
Wow, what more can I say!
No comments:
Post a Comment