Sunday, March 22, 2009

Wonder Week

Several years ago I was on the beach in Pensacola, FL with my family. (By the by, far and away the lovleliest beaches I've seen are in the Florida Panhandle, and the few miles of beach afforded Alabama. This is just my opinion.) We were walking in the sugar white sand along the ever changing "line" where the blue-green water meets land. I looked out at the Gulf of Mexico and the great expanse of blue sky above it. I then looked eastward and westward at the shoreline traveling many miles. We always look for shells as we walk along and always manage to bring at least a few home. I was looking at the tinyness of some of the shells and I noticed the teeny tinyness of the grains of that gorgeous white sand. The universe we live in truly in a wonder to behold. Moreover, its Creator gave us so much to wonder at. From the grand size of what may be an infinite universe to the smallest atomic particles. He made sure we would never run out of things to discover, do, learn, or wonder at. It's a wonder He bothers with us at all. This week, I am determined remind myself of that epiphany.
I will celebrate the wonder of all of creation, and wonder at its magnificance, as it truly is a wonder.
By definition wonder can be a noun, a verb, or an adjective. It really is a cool word. I hope that this will leave you wondering. (Trust me, I have left a lot of people doing just that.)

No comments: