Cause, explanation of justification for an action. I believe myself to been seen and even to be a person with whom it is difficult to reason. I don't recall having "reasonable" as a characteristic on my list of attributes to which I intended to aspire. I do recall, years ago viewing myself as such....reasonable that is. I feel that I have made reasonable decisions, had good reasons for my actions, and attempted to do what is right. I have come to the conclusion that it is my children that have convinced me that my reasoning is messed up, and my decisions without reason. "Why mom?" "Because I am the mom and I said!" That only worked rarely when they were small, and now they are like, "Really?!?"
Teenager: What is the reason.
Mom: Because it doesn't sound safe.
Teenager: That is not reasonable.
So really, maybe it is time to let them realize the reasons for themselves. I think I will just sit back and rest, and when the ruckus starts, I'll just look at them and say "Really?!?"
No comments:
Post a Comment