Sunday, May 24, 2009
Purpose
What did the baby dolphin say to the mommy dolphin when he messed up? "I'm sorry Mom, I didn't do it on porpoise." Okay, that was pitifull. I did not find to P to be perplexing at all. PURPOSE was perfect. Purpose is powerful. According the dictionary it means the reason for which something is done, created, or for which something exists. Havn't we all pondered that point? (Except for my husband who speaks his own language. He "plonders"....which I have decided is a cross between ponder and plunder. At any rate, when he says it I wonder what he is thinking about destroying.) I could have just as easily picked Purple, which is possibly the best color ever. I'm sorry, I have digressed! I go through life frequently without purpose, plodding along the path. What if I choose this week to "Live on Purpose." Isn't it odd that we say "I did that on purpose."? That means I intended to do it, predicted it, planned it, pulled it off. Then to think that our purpose is that huge question that people have posed and about which poets have penned. That puzzle, to which the all Powerful, Almighty Creator puts politely, "You, person, I did it on purpose, I placed you here and now, and I did it on purpose. So, as I "plonder" the week ahead, I will resolve to think carefully before I utter a peep, to think about the purpose of my prose. I will purpose to perpetuate kindness and purple.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment