Monday, May 18, 2009

The Quest

I determined last night that this the week of "Q" would be themed Quest week. After all, isn't that what we all do daily? We are questing after something. If it were not so, why would we even bother to get out of bed in the morning? So this particular morning, I headed to the office, blog in mind, determined to get it written. About twenty minutes after arriving, I discovered there none, that is right zero of our three phone lines working, the internet would not come up, and my cell phone didn't have a signal. Apparently, AT&T was in a quandary. I know I was. Although it was rather quiet. Refusing to put on my tech hat, I continued with the other business of the day that did not require outside communications. Needless to say, AT&T managed to get things back up and running before the close of business.
In medieval knight made expeditions to accomplish a particular perscribed task. The expeditions were called quests. It sounds rather adventurous really. So, if we think of our trips to Lowe's or Walmart as a quest for whatever we need, it might take out some of the drudgery. "I'm going on a quest for food." Sounds a lot more fun than, "I going to the store to get bread". "I'm going on a quest for gold." as opposed to "I have to go to work." We have all seen movies demonstrating the quagmires that the knights had to fight through in order to complete their objectives. Quests, quagmires, quandaries, questions, queue up, and know you are qualified to take quantum leaps in life. So, this week I shall view life as a series of adventures called quests. Now, it is late and I am going on a quest for sweet dreams.

No comments: