Sunday, January 25, 2009

January is Coming to a Close-Let Us Enrich

Enrich-enhance the quality of something, make somebody wealthier

Enhance-improve or add to the strength, worth, beauty or other desirable quality of something.


This is the last week of January!!! Time flies when your having fun. I am ready for Springtime. I could do with a bit more sunshine. I am definitely a solar powered individual. A little more sunshine would definitely enrich/enhance my world.

This leads me to our theme of the week. It is "E" week. The theme for the week is enrichment. My goal for the week shall be to try to enrich/enhance lives and life as much as possible. Consider it for a moment, just bringing a smile to another's face certainly will add to their beauty. By enriching lives in even little ways, or simply picking up a piece of litter that you didn't place there, or giving a tip at the Dairy Queen that is a little bigger than usual can make the world a richer (enriched) placed.

Update on Folly: I called the taxidemist last week to check on Folly the Otter. (Truly a sentence I never thought I would say, much less write.) I assumed (quite mistakenly) that it couldn't be more than 6 weeks before his return, and was excited that I would be able to feature a fine picture of him here. But alas the taxidermist told me it would be 'nine months'. I asked if he was putting me on. He stated to my chagrin he was not. At that point I told him that I could build a whole human being in that period of time and had three times. How hard can it be comparatively speaking to stuff a litte otter? He has others in line in front of Folly and he explained and he was not kidding. So alas, I will be looking for Folly around my birthday!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would like to know where Folly is going when he gets home in a few months.